Let us re-read just the sections of scripture describing the characteristics of the mark.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. [Rev. 13:16-18 KJV]
In the introduction page was mentioned all the characteristics of the mark. We are able to clearly see that all will have to accept it in some form or fashion in which it will completely change how things will be processed throughout the entire world. This change, will impact the economy and currency, at least, in some way. Approximately around the time the anti-Christ rises I feel would be the birth of what is called the New World Order establishing a one world unison system; everything connected together flowing as one megalithic system. My theory of this New World Order is as below in a simple form (descending from 1 being the highest level down to the lowest level):
- The Anti-Christ(as ruler of govt.), the False Prophet (as ruler of religion), and the Image of the Beast (the process of “worship”)
- A wealthy organization of the most elite people such as the United Nations
- Zoned officials who would control each continent/country who in return report to their represented control at the next level
- Makers of the mark (if the mark was produce/manufactured in some way)
- A militarized army ranked and organized in some similarity as “pre-NWO”
- Medical officials
- Regular businesses
- Civilians as chattle
The Spiritual Perspective
So now to the underlying question of, “What exactly is the mark?” Before going to the physical perspective of the mark lets look at the most import aspect of this thing. The mark of the beast, down to the simplest form, is a choice or outcome from a choice. When Christ died on the cross for all of humanity He opened a door for anyone, who believed, could accept Jesus Christ as their personal saviour. This is all established in John 3:16-17.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [John 3:16-17 KJV]
Now the opposite of this choice is none other than death, hell and the grave.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. [Rom. 6:23]
When the anti-Christ rises, the mark will be a choice that everyone who is alive during that time will have to make; regardless of pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib. No matter the time of when the rapture occurs, the mark is still a choice.
- For the theory of pre-trib: one’s choice was to serve Christ and be raptured out of the tribulation while the other chose not to serve Christ will take the mark
- To go farther with the possibility of those who remain having a second chance after the pre-trib rapture, the choice then will be to accept the mark or not to accept the mark and go without food, money, etc and possibly be beheaded
- For the theory of mid-trib: Ultimately with this everyone will encounter the mark, the choice is to serve Christ and reject the mark with possibly being beheaded, or choose not to serve Christ and receive the mark
- For post-trib: It is in essence the same, serve Christ and reject the mark with the possibility of being beheaded, or choose the mark.
- The difference here is that a longer duration is experienced of doing without food, money, etc. greatly increasing the test of one’s faith towards God and continually rejecting the mark
So in the simplest form, the mark of the beast is a choice. When one accepts this mark, they have chosen to serve Satan and eternal death of punishment. Spiritually it is a symbol of rejection towards Christ eternally.
The Physical Perspective
For the physical side of this mark, we ultimately know of three possibly forms:
- It will placed IN the right hand
- It will be place IN the forehead
- It will be placed UPON the forehead
Recall from the introduction page of this study the bible verses that mentioned these variations. However, could there be something else that we may be to be cautious of if we are to go through the tribulations? Let’s look at these verses:
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. [Rev. 13:16-17 KJV]
In Revelations 13:17 something is really interesting to note. Not only does it bring out that this mark will allow one to buy or sell but two other options also do the same thing; having the name of the beast or the number of the beast’s name. Christians always have heard not to accept the mark, but has it been forgotten to warn about the other two?
First we have the mark, with it being placed in one of two different areas: in the right hand or in/on the forehead. If this was a “tattoo” or some symbol placed on the skin the bible would not mention the fact that this mark is placed IN the hand or forehead. Second, we have the name of the beast or the name of the anti-Christ. Would this name be tattooed on or does this mean something different? The third and last possible option is the number of the beast’s name. We know that in Revelation 13:18 tells us that this number will be 666 but we do not know exactly how to arrive to find the number. There are many ways a number can be produced from a person’s name. One of the simplest is adding the values of the letters.
For example, if a person’s name was John Doe we could then find the value per letter and add them up. J = 10, O = 15, H = 8, N = 14 then D = 4, O = 15, E = 5. The math equation would then be:
10 + 15 + 8 + 14 + 4 + 15 + 5 = 71
However, would we use the full name, or just the first name? What about the study of gematria? Gematria is defined as a Kabbalistic method of interpreting the Hebrew scriptures by computing the numerical value of words, based on those of their constituent letters. So would we need a name of Hebrew or convert the name to Hebrew? Also, what about Greek germatria and other languages with gemtrian values? Nonetheless, we should not accept 666 in any form or fashion.
A final question to throw in the air would be, what if all three of these: the mark, the beast’s name, and 666 are tied into one package? Such an example could be where a chip is implanted, then a tattoo is place over the chip which “marks” the beast’s name and number.
Now even if the mark is one out of three methods of payment, how would they use that in such to tell you even had it inside of you? Majority of Christians feel this mark will be none other than a computer chip placed under your skin. Even more so, Christians have come to speculate the now known RFID chip (or VeriChip) which many individuals are volunteering to have injected in their hands already. If it is a chip or if it is a “tattoo/symbol,” both will be looked at in the next section.